Fix line and polygon coordinates in ArcGIS
To modify or correct the coordinates of a vertex (or point) of a line or polygon, you can use the Sketch panel. Suppose that from points taken with a GPS device we have performed the planimetric survey of a terrain. But once we have done all the work we realize that the coordinate of a point has been entered incorrectly, to correct that mistake we can do it easily from the Sketch panel.
With these simple steps we can make the required changes:
- From the Editor bar start editing with Start editing.
- Double click on the line or polygon to modify (the vertices turn green).
- In the editor bar click the Sketch Properties button to open its panel.
- In the edit panel Sketch Properties you can modify one or more values of each vertex.
- It is also possible to modify freely with the mouse, it is recommended to do it manually when it is required to enter exact values.
- Right-click on a segment of the line or polygon you can select Insert Vertex to add a new vertex.
- Right-click on a vertex you can select Delete Vertex to delete it.