The QGIS upgrade from version 2 to version 3 brings countless new features and expectations. The main change is access to new versions of Qt and Python. On HiDPI screens, the QGIS 3 user interface will significantly improve.
QGIS 3 is not just a step towards new upgraded dependencies. But it brings with it new features that improve the performance and functionality of the best free software in GIS. Some changes that are intended to be introduced are:
- Improved geometry editing
- Improved Processing dialogs
- New symbols and predefined symbol groups
- Search in layer and project properties
- Save images at custom sizes
- 3D support
The new version of QGIS 3 has already been released, we invite you to try it.