ArcGIS 10.5 is available to customers current on maintenance. The ArcGIS 10.5 setup package is designed to detect and upgrade an existing installation of the same ArcGIS product.
You can download ArcGIS 10.5 from your account on My Esri https://my.esri.com/#/
Here is what’s new:
- Web GIS in Your Infrastructure – ArcGIS Enterprise represents the evolution of our GIS server technology into a complete GIS platform that runs behind your firewall and in cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. If you are a current ArcGIS for Server customer (ArcGIS 10.4.1 and earlier) and you want to upgrade to ArcGIS 10.5, choose ArcGIS Enterprise. For previous versions, select ArcGIS for Server.
- Software Authorization – Authorization files to license your ArcGIS software are organized as follows:
- 10.5: for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5
- 10.1-10.4.1: for ArcGIS for Server 10.1 through 10.4.1
- 10.1 – 10.5: for Desktop 10.1 through 10.5
- Named User Allocations – To generate your ArcGIS Enterprise Named User authorizations for working with the Portal for ArcGIS Component of ArcGIS Enterprise, go to Named User Allocations.
- Introducing Level 1 Named Users – At ArcGIS 10.5, named users have been classified as Level 1 and Level 2 Named Users.
- Level 1 Named Users (included with ArcGIS Enterprise) can:
- Level 2 Named Users can do everything your current named user license can do. Your current named user licenses will be counted as Level 2 Named Users.
- Additional Level 1 and Level 2 Named Users are available for purchase.
If needed, your account’s primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers from My Esri. After signing in with your Esri Account, click My Organizations > Licensing > Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number.